If you’re looking to explore some of Europe’s most iconic cities, then these 12 best places to visit in Europe should be your go-to list. From fairy-tale towns to bustling capitals and breathtaking coastal views, this list has something for everyone.
1. Paris, France – No trip to Europe would be complete without a stop in the beautiful city of Paris. With its romantic atmosphere and stunning architecture, it’s the perfect place for any traveler looking to explore art galleries, walk through cobblestone streets or sip coffee at one of the city’s many cafés.
2. Venice, Italy – Known as “The Floating City” due to its unique system of canals, Venice is a destination full of mystery and romance. Here you can take a romantic gondola ride through the canals, explore St. Mark’s Basilica or wander the narrow streets filled with art galleries and charming restaurants.
3. Prague, Czech Republic – As one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, Prague is home to stunning Gothic structures such as Charles Bridge and St. Vitus Cathedral. In addition to its historical sites, it also has an exciting nightlife scene and plenty of beer gardens to enjoy in summertime!
4. Barcelona, Spain – This vibrant Spanish city offers something for everyone: from Gaudi’s unique architecture to sandy beaches perfect for sunbathing and swimming. As you explore the city, don’t forget to check out iconic landmarks such as La Sagrada Familia and Park Güell.
5. Berlin, Germany – This cool capital city is home to some of Europe’s best clubs, restaurants and art galleries. Many travelers choose to explore the alternative culture found in trendy neighborhoods like Kreuzberg or Neukölln, or visit historic sites such as Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie.
6. Amsterdam, Netherlands – This charming Dutch city is known for its beautiful canals, colorful tulip fields and rich cultural history. During your stay here be sure to wander through the streets of De Wallen (the red-light district) or take a bike ride along one of the city’s many canals.
7. Reykjavik, Iceland – Blessed with beautiful natural scenery, this Icelandic capital is an ideal spot for outdoor adventurers. From skiing to whale watching and seeing the Northern Lights, there are plenty of activities to experience here.
8. Edinburgh, Scotland – This historic Scottish city has something for everyone: from traditional pubs to grand castles and cobblestone streets filled with shops and cafes. Be sure to visit some of the city’s iconic landmarks such as Edinburgh Castle or Arthur’s Seat before heading back home!
9. London, England – As one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, London has something for everyone. From cultural attractions such as the British Museum and National Gallery to historic sites like Big Ben and Buckingham Palace, there’s no shortage of things to do here.
10. Vienna, Austria – This beautiful Austrian capital is home to an array of breathtaking architecture, including the majestic Schönbrunn Palace and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Additionally, enjoy a classical concert at one of the city’s many venues or take in some culture at one of its many renowned museums.
11. Dubrovnik, Croatia – Known as “The Pearl of the Adriatic” due to its stunning coastal views, Dubrovnik is an ideal vacation spot for any traveler looking to escape city life and relax. Take a boat ride out to nearby islands or explore the Old City which is lined with cobblestone streets and pretty piazzas.
12. Santorini, Greece – This popular Greek island is known for its whitewashed buildings, stunning sunsets and picturesque views of the Aegean Sea. During your stay here, don’t forget to indulge in some delicious seafood dishes and take a day trip to one of the many nearby beaches!